The Amazon Research Network is a non-profit Internet Platform which entirely devotes to the investigation of the historical Amazons.
- making public over the Internet that there is active research work concerning the historical Amazons
- presenting current research results
- promoting further investigations and intensifying current research on the history of the Amazons.
The founder of the Amazon Research Network,
Gerhard Poellauer, born 1962,
is an Austrian archaeologist and historian
who is engaged in the research of the Amazon history for more than 30 years.
On this photo, which has been taken on our exploring expedition in September 1999, he is standing in the doorway of the mysterious castle Kapru Kale - presumably the last refuge of the Amazons.
- 1987 - First exploring expedition to Northern Turkey for the investigation of the Amazons of the Thermodon
- 1988 - Thesis at the University of Graz / Austria: Amazonen. Eine kunst- und kulturhistorische Betrachtung (Amazons in art and history)
- 1996 - Foundation of the Internet Platform: Amazon Research Network
- 1999 - Second exploring expedition to Northern Turkey for the investigation of the Amazons of the Thermodon
- 2000 - Publication of the paper: Auf den Spuren der Amazonen (On the trail of the Amazons)
- 2002 - First exploring expedition on the North Aegean island Lemnos for investigating the Amazons of Lemnos
- 2003 - Publication of the book: Die verlorene Geschichte der Amazonen (The Lost History of the Amazons)
- 2003 - Second exploring expedition on the North Aegean island Lemnos for investigating the Amazons of Lemnos
- 2004 - Exploring expedition on the North Aegean island Samothrace, where the worship of the »Great Mother« had been introduced by the Amazons
- 2005 - Exploratory expedition to Southern Tunisia - In Search of the Libyan Amazons' Homeland
- 2006 - Third exploring expedition on the North Aegean island Lemnos for investigating the Amazons of Lemnos
- 2007 - Publication of the book: Geheimnisvolles Lemnos. Die von Frauen beherrschte Insel (Mysterious Lemnos. Island dominated by women)
- 2010 - Publication of the English version: The Lost History of the Amazons
- 2012 - Second explorating expedition to Southern Tunisia: Lake Tritonis - Chott el-Djerid
- 2015 - Keynote speech »In Search of the History of the Amazons« at the WORKSHOP ON WOMEN IN HIGHER EDUCATION AND RESEARCH of the COMMUNITY OF MEDITERRANEAN UNIVERSITIES [CMU], June 11-14, in Trabzon / Turkey
- 2016 - Kapru Kale Competition
- 2017 - Giresun Adasi Project
Amazon Research Network
A-9020 Klagenfurt, AUSTRIA
Copyright © 1997-2019 Amazon Research Network